Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Newton--Relax--Take 2


I'm back with my second take of Newton relaxing. When I originally started, I had die cut a tag and used it as a mask.  I then watercolored the paper using the NND inspiration picture.  I used the tag to make my first card (see below). I had thought I would use the white masked-off tag area on the watercolored paper to add my Newton image, but it just wasn't doing it for me. I then got inspired by the silhouette palm trees.  I die cut a black tag and embossed the Newton image in white.  I then stamped and colored a bright pink sand bucket to pull the background colors to the front.  To mimic the first card, I then dry embossed the waves.  I then stamped the sentiment added some ribbons and sequins!  Ta-da!  A fun, summery card!
Thanks for stopping by!
~D




Kitty Bee DesignsChallenge #77--All About Animals

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #374--Summer

Broken Fairy Challenge #7--Anything Goes with a Twist of Embossing

A Gem of a Challenge--#174--Animals

Julia Spiri Challenge #22--Anything Goes with a twist of At the Beach or Sea


8 comments:

  1. Your background is stunning! The colours and embossing really make your tag pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore this card! Great job of using the negative space to showcase Newton! Thanks for joining us at Kitty Bee Designs Animal Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love your background! Thank you for joining us at Broken Fairy Designs challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Julia Spiri xx Jan dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card. Love the background. ❤️. Thanks for sharing it with us at Julia Spiri Challenge blog. Jane P. DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Kitty Bee Designs, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh! This card is super fun too! I love how it's the opposite of your first entry! What a great idea! Thanks for linking up again to our Inky Paws Challenge at Newton's Nook Designs. Both your cards are so fun!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at AGOAC
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments!
{hugs}
Indy