Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2020

CIC#507

 

Cupcake Inspirations has a new theme challenge to whet your whistle and inspire your creativity. 

For this fortnight we have a theme challenge. Here is this challenge's cupcake!



My card features a yummy candy cane!

Happy Holidays by Debbie features Newton's Candy Cane by Newton's Nook Designs; #newtonsnook, #cupcakeinspirations, #cardmaking

I started by embossing the card base with a vertical embossing folder.  I then die cut several black border frames using dies from Frames & Flags and Framework die sets by Newton's Nook Designs.  I then made the clear panel by taking a laminating pouch and sprinkling some red glitter inside it.  I then ran it through my laminating machine.  I die cut it with the Frames & Flags scallop-edged die.  I sandwiched this panel between the black border frames.  This was adhered to the base with dimension tape.  The sweet, but naughty, kitten is from NND's Newton's Candy Cane stamp set.  I colored with Spectrum Noir markers and fussy cut it out.  I placed the candy cane over the twine and adhered with more 3D tape.  I added a twine bow to finish it off.  For the sentiment, I added a black banner (Frames & Flags die set) and heat embossed the sentiment in white.  This sentiment is from NND's Christmas Roundabout stamp set.  Again I used 3D tape to make it pop.  A couple of sequins finished it off.  This was my first attempt using laminating pouches, and I'm excited to try different products inside them.  I love the idea of a clear panels or a clear card!

Hope you will link up at Cupcake Inspirations!  You have until, Friday, December 4, 2020.

Happy Crafting!
Debbie, aka Indy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments!
{hugs}
Indy