Sunday, July 14, 2013

CIC 219--Under the Sea Scene



Fresh Brewed Designs
This week at Cupcake Inspirations we are going to the under the sea!  Check out the adorable sea creatures at Fresh Brewed Designs.  I used (again) Sweetie Sea Turtle.  Can't wait to "sea" what you make!  {hugs}  Indy


How I made this card:
1.  I started out by water coloring the background with a school set of water colors.
2.  I printed and cut out the background Under the Sea.
3.  I then embossed the seaweed and coral. I used Wet Looks Embossing Markers by Marvy.  Once I colored the different images, I sprinkled embossing powder and heat embossed.  (Love all the different textures this created.)
4.  The conch shell's texture was created by Liquid Pearls.
5.  I used Spectrum Noir markers for the turtle and used Glossy Accents on the eyes.
6.  Using some foam squares, I popped the turtle on the card. 


Challenges:
Crazy 4 Challenges--cfc194 Marine Life 
Chocolate, Coffee and Cards - #42 - Life's a Beach
Just Add Ink--JAI 173 Just Add...Water 
Craft a Scene--Under the Sea 
Pile It On--Water 
Stamp 'n Doodle--Oceans or the Sea 

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely, bright, scene you've created Indy! I love the intensity of colour, and the texture, of the coral. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic card. I love the colours you used.
    Thanks for joining us at Stamp n Doodle.
    xxx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors on this card - really makes a fabulous sea scene. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, this is so cute! I love the turtle image in his undersea world, so nice! SO happy to have you play along with us at CC&CC for our Life's A Beach challenge. Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing sea-scene, beautiful made!!
    thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this is absolutely adorable!! I love the scene you've created!! The colors are awesome!! This is just fabulous!! I love, love it!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet card and beautifully coloured! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun, happy card Indy. You've coloured it beautifully and that Turtle just makes me smile! Thanks for joining in with this weeks challenge at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our PILE IT ON challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super cute card Debbie. Love the darling image and fun colors. The touch of sparkles look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous under the sea scene, and a great turtle too. Thanks for joining in at Craft A Scene this month.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your turtle and the glazed details. Really cute scene. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene this month.

    Pia (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute turtle and nice scene. Thanks for joining us this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet! Love the turtle! Thank you for sharing with us at Craft a Scene!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments!
{hugs}
Indy