Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

SSSC106 & Flower Power

This week's Moxie Fab challenge was called Flower Power. What impressed me most was the stunning colors. These are not colors I would normally put together, but I really like them! As for the card sketch, I was searching through the Taylored Expressions design team's blogs and was really impressed with Karen Giron's site and card sketch. I thought I would try to incorporate her sketch with the Flower Power inspiration. I decided not to emboss the solid papers because the pillow flowers are smooth and unadorned. I used three butterflies to depict the three large flowers on the pillow.


Well, this is my completed project. I love how things evolve in my craft room. This is not quite what I had conceptualize when I sat down. As supplies are pulled and played with, something almost magical seems to take place. Not only have I decided to use this project for the above challenges, but I have a card club class a week from Tuesday. The theme is spring/Easter cards. I wasn't sure what I was going to do for this club. Now I only have to make 10 more cards like this one, and I will be ready.
Supplies used:
Orange card stock--Bazzill
Other card stock--The Paper Company
Large orange flower--Bazzill
Small flowers--Prima Marketing
Orange and turquoise jewels--Me & My Big Ideas
Small lavender jewels--Darice
Ink: Popsicle Orange-Sea Brights; Stream--Adirondack; dusty concord-Jim Holtz Distress Ink
Stamps: Butterfly--Teresa Collins; believe--Retro Lunchbox





2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card for both challenges! These colors are so striking and your butterflies are beautiful :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Indy! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments!
{hugs}
Indy