Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Most Tools Wins

Sketch #11

I was totally inspired by this sketch challenge from STAMPlorations.  My mom sent me some alphabet ribbons months ago. When I saw the three little tags on the sketch, I immediately thought it would be fun to spell DAD using the ribbons.  Then I remembered I had some tool stamps by Stampin' Up.  This led me to wanting to create those holey boards where tools are hung.  I used cork paper by Core'dinations and a die by Simon Says.  I embossed the background paper and added some Distress Ink and adhered the cork using screw-shaped brads...and I know have a fun Father's Day card...a whole month early!!!  Thanks for stopping by!  Hugs, Debbie


STAMPlorations #11 Sketch

Open-Minded Crafting Fun #10

8 comments:

  1. This is perfect!! Love it!! Love the tools.. and that holey board you created LOL Thats ingenious :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so creative!! I love the alphabet ribbon spelling Dad!! The tools are awesome!! My Dad would love this!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love the story of how your idea for the card came about and your execution resulted in a wonderful card for Dad. Thank you for joining us at STAMPlorations with this fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card !!! The tools, the colors are perfect !!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect toold for DAD card and lovely colors too and nice ribbon you put there...great using the sketch..and my DAD would love this too..Great idea Indy.....I just use the lovely sketch from Stamplorations too...hope you like to hop to my Blog Indy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using the ribbon for the tag is just soooo clever! I would never have thought of doing that! Totally love this!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great card, especially love the ribbon fab use ,Thanks for joining OMCF for our fortnightly challenge hope to see you here for the next one,Good Luck Pam DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable creation! Great colors. Perfect for our ribbon challenge at Open Minded Crafting. Thanks for playing. Hope to see you next time. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments!
{hugs}
Indy