Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2021

One Stamp--Two Designs






Here are two cards that feature the same darling kitten holding his balloons and floating away.  This image is one of my favorites from Newton's Nook Designs--Newton's Birthday Balloons

My first card is a traditional birthday card using bright colors.  I stamped the balloons portion of the stamp multiple times and fussy cut them out.  I also used the balloon from the Fabulous Frenchies stamp set. I layered the balloons a big bouquet.  I then added some stripes in the colors of the balloons.  I added some stripes and dots with my white gel pen on the balloons for added added. A fun, CAS birthday card.


I changed the theme from birthday to inspirational for my second card.  I stamped the kitty image multiple times around the edges of my white layer.  I then stamped the balloon image from Fabulous Frenchies.  I chose the "You Lift Me Up" from the Uplifting Wishes stamp set which seemed fitting for all the balloons.  I added some Nuvo Drops to the clouds and black enameled dots for texture.  I then stamped the entire image--kitten with balloons. I colored with Spectrum Noir markers, fussy cut, then added Glossy Accents to the colored balloons.  Once everything dried, I adhered everything together. (The fun postage-edging was created using the Framework die set. 




Challenges:








 

3 comments:

  1. Both cards are absolutely ADORABLE Debbie!! I love the kitty image you used and especially the balloon shaped like a kitty!! Loving all the bright colors on both cards too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that kitty holding her giftee and her balloons! I love how you have showcased her on both your designs, Debbie! Your color band panel really pops behind her and her huge bouquet on your purr-thday card and I love how you made your own DSP by stamping a b/w background with her on your second card! Of course, you know I love all the schparkle and shine from the glossified balloons and I think the postage stamp edge was a great choice! Thank you so much for playing in TCC #35! Keep well and safe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've created two fabulous cards with balloons. I like kitty holding balloons. :-) Cute image. With added balloons you've done an awesome bouquet. And so colorful! Your second card is great designed.I like kitty stamp all over the edges. It's perfect motive for inspirational card. Thank you for playing at Twofer Card Challenge. Sonja, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments!
{hugs}
Indy