Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2022

Inky Paws Challenge #185

Happy Monday and Welcome to a challenge from Inky Paws!




Use the colors--CoralWine RedDenim Blue, and Caramel Brown.


One lucky participant will win a $20 store credit to Newton's Nook Designs!  You have until Friday, November 4, 2022 at Midnight CST to link up your project using the challenge colors!


Warm and cozy holiday wishes by Debbie features Holiday Heights, Holiday Stockings, Stylish Stockings, and Purr-fect Present by Newton's Nook Designs; #inkypaws, #newtonsnook, #catcards, #holidaycards, #christmascards, #cardmaking
For my card, I had to use the tree from the newly released Holiday Heights stamp set.  Those two kitties climbing up the tree just made me smile!  I colored them in caramel browns and colored the tree in coral shades.  I know--very nontraditional colors for a tree, but I love it.  I trimmed it with red wine balls and denim blue tinsel.  Once I got the tree done, I had to decide what to do with it. Nothing like piecemealing a card, but I seriously didn't have a plan on what I was going to do with the tree.  I decided the tree needed a present to go underneath it, so out came the Purr-fect Present stamp set.  This naughty feline has been snooping inside her present!  I created a little living room to put the tree and present.  I scored some paneling lines on the wall and added some caramel brown trim to give the wall a wainscoting look.  The floor was distressed for a coral carpet look.  The room looked a bit empty so I added a stocking using the Holiday Stockings stamp and Stylish Stockings die set.  I hung it up using a small brad.  Then I decided to put a frame around the sentiment to make it look like a picture on the wall.  For having no plan when I started coloring that coral tree, I love how this turned out!  

Well, I hope I have inspired you to come join us at Inky Paws! These colors are amazing to play with!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments!
{hugs}
Indy