Pages

Sunday, March 5, 2023

Inky Paws Challenge #193

 

   It's time to get Inky with a New Inky Paws Challenge!


I'm not sure how your weather is, but here in the PNW, March is coming in like a lion, so fingers crossed it will leave like a lamb!  In the meantime, here's a fun spring challenge to get you ready!



One lucky participant will win a $20 store credit to Newton's Nook Designs!  You have until Friday, March 17, 2023 at Midnight CST to link up your project using the challenge sketch!

My card today shows how you can use up your scraps and make a super fun card!

Oh happy day by Debbie features Springtime, Newton's Rain Boots, Framework, Banner Trio, and Floral Roundabout by Newton's Nook Designs; #inkypaws, #newtonsnook, #springcards, #catcards, #cardmaking, #kittencards

I love the papers from all the Newton's Nook paper pads, so I never throw away my scraps.  So I pulled out my Springtime paper pad and found some scraps that I trimmed down into 3/4 inch strips.  I then arranged and adhered them to some thin card stock before cutting out the scallop-edged rectangle using a die from the Framework die set. I then stamped and colored the sweet little kitty  and ducky from the Newton's Rain Boots stamp set. I did something shocking for me...I colored the boots in a color NOT used on the papers! Yikes!  I went for red, and I love the subtle contrast with the papers.  I did color the flowers in lavender and pink (like the paper), so my errant ways didn't stray too far!  LOL  I cut a stitched banner using a die from the Banner Trio die set, and I selected a sentiment from the Roundabout stamp set.  This brightly colored card filled with fun patterns makes my heart smile!  

Now it's your turn!  I can't wait to see who spring creation you will make using your Newton's Nook Designs' products!

Hugs, 
Debbie


1 comment:

  1. Great job! I love the different strips of paper! That is a clever idea! I also think you did a great job coloring the image. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments!
{hugs}
Indy