Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Pasture Birthday Card Set

 







I finally had time to play with the newly released Newton from the Farmer Newton stamp set. Then I stumbled on to this, new to me, challenge blog called FarmQuest General Store Challenge Blog!  Seriously, this stamp set is just what I needed play in this, and future, challenges.  In addition, to Farmer Newton, I pulled out some farm equipment from the Farming Fun stamp set. Newton's Nook Designs also has some super fun farm animal sets. I used the barn and hay bale from the Moo stamp set.  Then I ran out of stamped and cut hay blales, so I used a chicken from the Cluck stamp set on the white card. In addition, I used the Land Borders and the Slimeline Frames & Windows (cut down to 2 windows) die sets to create the design. I love how this set turned out, and the sentiment is perfect because I love making cards, but never seem to send them on time!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs,
Debbie





I am also entering these cards to the following challenges:


\

Though I did lots of farm work on my grandfather's farm, most of the work came from two important "boys" in my life--Pappaw and my dad. I dedicate these cards, and all future farm-themed cards, to your memory. I have so many fond memories of bottle-feeding the calves, baling hay, "helping" with the pigs, and watching the crops grow.  My all time favorite is visiting and finding all the kittens!  


3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card for a gentleman! I love the farm theme, and how you managed to create a whole scenery using so many different stamps and die cuts. Great sentiment, too. The background papers couldn't be more perfect - greens, florals, and lots of kraft. Bonus points for unlocking your own childhood memories. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzie, wow, wow!!!! FARM-tastic!!! Love all your farm cards and that you discovered FarmQuest!!! I have 5 challenge blogs within the FarmQuest family as I refer to it and three with the Heart's Quest. Those can be found on a Quest Family page on each blog. FarmQuest General Store has the broadest acceptance with its monthly 'anything farm and/or country goes theme'--anything rural, outdoors. I love the puns and how each card the cat has changed! That's cool that you had other sets in order to build the farm scenes! And each card has lots of country charm!!! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. How super cute, I love those Newton's Nook images! Thanks for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments!
{hugs}
Indy