Pages

Sunday, July 9, 2023

Inky Paws Challenge #202

 

Ready for a new theme challenge?


Use the the theme, Summer Lovin',  with your NND products!

One lucky participant will win a $20 store credit to Newton's Nook Designs!  You have until Friday, July 21, 2023 at Midnight CST to link up your project using the challenge sketch!

I have a fun card this week.




Having moved further inland (Puget Sound, WA to Idaho), I decided to make a summer card reflecting what many inlanders do in the summer when the beach isn't readily available--barbecue!  Plus I really wanted to use the Dad's BBQ stamp set which had yet to be inked up.  My card is all about a cheeseburger in paradise.  (Yes, I'm a Jimmy Buffet fan.)  My star cheeseburger from the Buns Out stamp set.  I used my Scan 'N Cut to cut him out, but there is a coordinating die set available.  Since I wanted to use the punny sentiment, I pulled the sun die from the Sky Scene Builder die set and cut a shimmer yellow card stock with it.  I tucked him behind the burger.  Then I added the black and white small gingham paper on the top and the bottom. Once adhered, I repeatedly stamped the small cheeseburger image from the  Dad's BBQ stamp set .  I took the entire panel and and used my Perfect Layers rulers to create a 1/16' yellow border around it.  I adhered it to my white card base and added a few black Enamel Accents (Ranger Ink).   I like that this has summer feel to it.  


Now it's your turn! I can't wait to see how you use the summer theme with your Newton's Nook Designs' products!


Hugs,
Debbie

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments!
{hugs}
Indy