Pages

Monday, July 27, 2015

NND--Enjoy the Day

Today's card features Newton watching a sunrise over the Atlantic awaiting a day of fun at the beach OR relaxing after a day of fun and watching a sunset over the Pacific.  To make this card, I sketched the scene and then water colored it.  I traced it in black gel pen. I wasn't totally thrilled, so I used a sparkly gel pen over the waves and sunset to add a bit of glimmer.  For the clouds, I retraced with a white gel pen to soften the black.  For Newton and his beach accessories, I stamped and fussy cut.  Then shaded with Spectrum Noir markers. I stamped the sentiment and attached the sequins and my fussy cuts.  I punched the corners of the blue card stock and adhered my scene.  At last I attached everything to the base.  So no matter if this is a sunset or sunrise, Newton is having the time of his life at the beach!

Stamps used:  Newton's Nook Designs--Newton's Curious Christmas and Newton's Summer Vacation


Challenges:

http://www.newtonsnookblog.com/2015/07/inky-paws-challenge-23-summer-lovin.html

Animal Friends Challenge #28--July--Animals at/in/on the water

Natalie and Amy Challenge #34--Summertime 



5 comments:

  1. Wonderful and so sweet, i love it.
    Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulously AWESOME - love this perfect, happy, Summer-y scene!! You added just the right details and certainly WOWed me!! Have a super happy day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love the added sparkle! Thanks so much for playing along with our Inky Paws Challenge at Newton's Nook Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scene is perfect!! I adore how you have your Newton looking at the sunset and your added glitter is lovely!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments!
{hugs}
Indy