Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Inky Paws Challenge #108 Reminder

There's still 5 days to play with this amazing sketch! 


Create a project using the sketch.

Here's my inspiration:

Hey there pumpkin by Debbie features Newton's Boo-tiful Night, Fence, Framework, Fancy Edges tag, and Land Borders by Newton's Nook Designs; #newtonsnook
Last week I used traditional colors, orange and black, with nontraditional critters--flamingos.  This week I challenged myself to use nontraditional colors with traditional Halloween images--pumpkins and a cat.  I opted for a color scheme of teals, gray, and tans. Using a light teal card base and added an houndstooth embossed layer in tan and cut using the Framework die set. Using the Fancy Edges Tag die set, I created an ivory tag with tan twine and sentiment stamped in dark gray. I thought it would be fun to place the layers in front of the tag instead of behind, so I die cut a gray fence using the Fence die set and added dark teal grass using Land Borders die set. I selected the pumpkin trio image from the Newton's Boo-tiful Night stamp set and colored the pumpkins in teal, tan and gray. I colored the kitty in a dark gray with even darker gray stripes.  I popped the image using foam tape.  I really like this color combination.  In fact, I wouldn't mind painting some real pumpkins in those colors!  LOL
Now it' your turn to create a project using the above sketch.  Also Newton's Nook Designs is sneak peeking the new October Release this week.  Be sure to check out what's new!  
Hugs,
Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments!
{hugs}
Indy