Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2021

Inky Paws Challenge #154 Reminder

   

Have you had time to join us? 

You have until August 13 to link up!



Create a project using Stripes on your NND project!





Here's my inspiration card!


A note of thanks by Debbie features Classy Teachers, Newton's Book Club, & Slimline Frames & Windows by Newton's Nook Designs; #inkypaws, #newtonsnook, #catcards, #thankyoucards, #cardmaking

With school just around the corner for me, I was drawn to these book-lovin' kitties.  I wasn't sure how to incorporate stripes until I look through my pattern papers.  I found the Back to School Doodlebug Design stack.  When I saw the primary writing paper, I thought, "Ha!  This is it!" All those parallel lines would make perfect stripes!  I opted on a slimline card and pulled out both the Slimline Frames & Windows and the Slimline Frames & Portholes die sets.  These sets can be mixed and matched to create different layered looks.  I cut out three squares from the writing paper.  I also cut out the red banner on which I white embossed the sentiment taken from the Classy Teachers stamp set. I then stamped and colored two of the kitties from the Newton's Book Club stamp set.  I fussy cut them out. (I really do need to invest in the coordinating die set, but then again, I do find cutting things out therapeutic!)  I added a bit of jute twine for the finishing touch. For even more "stripes" I decided to color the books in a pattern of red and then gray.  I also kept the color scheme simple--black and white with pops of red. I love how this turned out!  Now it's your turn to share your striped NND creation!  You have until Friday, August 13, 2021.  There's a $20 NND store credit for one lucky participant!

Link up at 


Hugs, 
Debbie

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments!
{hugs}
Indy