Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Hang in There

Hang in there by Debbie features products from Newton's Nook Designs and Hefty Doodle; #cardmaking, #catcards, #newtonsnook

Awhile back I was the lucky winner of a store credit to Heffy Doodle, and I purchased this darling tree die set (Tree-medous Peekaboo Die set).  I used a wood grain embossing folder to get some texture for trunk.  I added gingham foliage with a few popped up leaves (using the backside of the paper).  I knew this die set would work purr-fectly with so many Newton's Nook Designs cat images. The one I selected is from the Hang In There stamp set. I colored and fussy cut him out. I cut the hands and arms from the stamped tree branch and attached them to the die cut tree branch.  I colored the kitty similarly to my very own Catapult who loved climbing trees in her youth.  (Probably still would if I wasn't watching her closely when I let her go outside.).  I adhered the tree to a lightly water-colored background which was die cut using the postage-edged die from Newton's Nook Designs (Frameworks die set).  I added some landscaping using the Land Borders die set from NND.  My last touch was the little pink flowers and butterfly from NND's Newton's Flower Garden stamp set. 

Challenge I'm entering this card:

 

3 comments:

  1. love your card, it’s so cute, I’m a lover of all things cute and especially cats, it is so sweet swinging from the tree. Thanks for entering your project on the challenge at The Paper Funday Blog.

    Ros - design team member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My goodness, this card design is adorable and that playful Newton makes me smile! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we hope to see more of your lovely projects.
    Donna
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments!
{hugs}
Indy