Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2024

Inky Paws Challenge #233 Week 2

 

Inky Paws Challenge

Week 2 Inspiration

Use Burnt OrangeOlive GreenSlate Gray, and Cream with your NND products. 

Inky Paws has moved to a new, monthly format to give you more time to get Inky with your Newton's Nook Designs products.

You have from Monday, October 7, 2024 to Friday, November 1, 2024 (Midnight, CST) to play along. Each DT member will pick a favorite project to showcase, AND one RANDOM entry will win a $20 store credit to Newton's Nook Design online shop!  The winners will be announced on the NND blog the following Monday.  Make sure you check the challenge rules page before you link up your project. 

For my card, I was inspired to create a card celebrating fall and all the farmers who work tiredlessly to plant, sow, and harvest our food supply. 

Deb's harvest card features Newton's Crate, Fall Harvest, Autumn Harvest, Farmer Newton, and Serene Stripes by Newton's Nook Designs; #inkypaws, #colorchallenge, #newtonsnook, #newtonsnookdesigns, #cardmaking, #cardchallenge, #farmercard, #autumncard, #fallcard, #catcard,
My card today features a fall/harvest theme. My grandfather and father were farmers, and I understand the commitment and dedication it takes to farm. I started by using the  Serene Stripes stencil for the background. This provided a bit of texture to help ground the images. I then went through my NND autumn stamp sets. I love NND products because of the ease of mixing and matching stamp images. I selected the little feline farmer from the Farmer Newton stamp and added the corn stack image from the Autumn Harvest stamp set. The card didn't balance well, so I added the extra kitty and pumpkins from the Fall Harvest stamp set.  All of these sets have coordinating die sets.  I, however, either fussy cut or used my Scan 'n' Cut to cut them out.  I used Copic markers to color the images in the challenge colors. I add dimension tape to several to add depth. I finally selected a sentiment from the Newton's Crate stamp set. I love how this turned out, and I wish I could send to either my grandfather of father who dedicated their lives to reaping the rewards of farming. Miss you both!


Hugs, Debbie

Additional Challenges:

1 comment:

  1. Pawsome!!! and farm-tastic!!! Tis the season for harvest scenes!!! Thanks for creating and sharing at FarmQuest General Store!!! -- Becca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments!
{hugs}
Indy